An important aspect to keep in mind about physical therapy is that it’s individualized to meet each person’s individual needs. Each person may respond differently to therapy. People have different types of bodies, different patterns of movement, different alignments, and different habits. At Fleetwood Physio, our physical therapists monitor each individual and develop a program to correct improper habits, alignments, and movement patterns.
Our practice is client-focused, dedicated to improving quality of life. We do this by:
- Promoting optimal mobility, physical activity and overall health and wellness; Preventing disease, injury, and disability;
- Managing acute and chronic conditions, activity limitations, and participation restrictions;
- Improving and maintaining optimal functional independence and physical performance;
- Rehabilitating injury and the effects of disease or disability with therapeutic exercise programs and other interventions; and
- Educating and planning maintenance and support programs to prevent re-occurrence, re-injury or functional decline.
Meet our Team — We are committed to health, lifestyle and quality of life. They are leaders in physiotherapy research and are active promoters for betterment of the profession. All our therapists are highly experienced and extensively trained at a post graduate level. Learn more about our team members here.
What sort of treatment do we use?
Our physiotherapists are trained to assess your condition, diagnose the problem, and help you understand what’s wrong. Your treatment plan will take into account your lifestyle, activities, and general health.
The following are common treatment methods that will be considered:
- exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles
- joint manipulation and mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
- muscle re-education to improve control
- airway clearance techniques and breathing exercises
- soft tissue mobilisation (massage)
- assistance with use of aids, splints, crutches, walking sticks and wheelchairs.